HiberniaEvros delivers first Irish installation of HP EVA8000
Founded in 1999, Airtricity is a leading renewable energy company developing and operating wind farms across Europe. In addition to generating electricity from 14 wind farms in Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland, Airtricity also supplies electricity to over 38,000 customers in Ireland. In January 2008, Airtricity became part of Scottish and Southern Energy Plc.
As a result of a rapid growth in storage requirements and the operational necessity to build greater resilience into its IT systems, Airtricity wished to move away from a direct attached storage model to a Storage Area Network (SAN).They also needed the project to be implemented with minimal down time and impact on its day to day operations and trading.
- HP EVA8000 Storage Array with 11 terabytes.
- Management Software - HP Openview
- CISCO fabric switches
- Tape backup - SAN attached HP MSL6060 Tape library and HP Data Protector Software
The HP Storageworks EVA8000 storage array was installed to provide central storage for the existing server infrastructure to support the data requirements of a number of applications including email, documentation management, key databases and for general file storage. It was sized to allow for future expected data growth.
Benefits to Airtricity
- Significant reduction in storage management costs as all critical storage requirements now managed from a single point
- Simple to add extra capacity as required and make it quickly available
- Entire storage backed up from a single point to ensure continuous uptime
- Enhanced data resilience provides additional protection to most valuable data
"The system was delivered on time. Training of our technical staff on the EVA went very smoothly. The EVA proved to be a straightforward system to manage."
Tony Leddy, Operations Manager, Airtricity